Webinar N7. COVID-19 & Climate Change
Date and time
Thursday 24th September 2020
24th Sep 2020 - 4:30pm JST | 9.30am CET
- Mr. Makoto Kato, Member, Board of Directors / Principal Reseacher, Overseas Environmental Cooperation Center, Japan (OECC), (Moderator).
- Mr. Jakob Werksman, Principal Adviser, DG-CLIMA, European Commission
- Ms. Keiko Segawa, Deputy Director General, Global Environment Bureau, Ministry of the Environment, Japan
- Mr. Gustaf Landahl, Head of Environmental Administration and Planning, City of Stockholm, Sweden.
- Ms. Eriko Yakushiji, Director-General, Climate Change Policy Headquarters, City of Yokohama
The EU and Japan recognise the need for an urgent, deep and sustained reduction in global emissions of greenhouse gases in order to combat climate change and the adverse effects thereof. The COVID-19 crisis is seen by many as an opportunity to shift to a greener and more sustainable growth model. In this webinar, European and Japanese experts from both the public and private sector will analyse the effect of COVID-19 in the fight against climate change to date and well as share views on the challenges on green financing, green energy etc., including in the context of the European Green Deal, the Paris Agreement and climate neutrality by 2050.
The webinar will be in Japanese and English (simultaneous interpretation will be provided). Please be aware that the time and date of the webinar might change due to speakers’ availability. After your registration, you will be informed if there is any change.