Webinar N6. COVID-19 & Research + Innovation
Date and time
- Dr. Osamu Kunii, Head of Strategy, The Global Fund (Moderator)
- Professor Peter Piot, Special Advisor to the President of the European Commission
- Dr. Pierre Meulien, Executive Director, Innovative Medicine Initiative (IMI)
- Dr. Maria Pilar AGUAR FERNANDEZ, Head of Unit, RTD/E3 "Health Innovations"
- Dr. Kiyoshi Kurokawa, President, Health and Global Policy Institute
- Dr. Takaji Wakita, Director-General, National Institute of Infectious Diseases
Research and Innovation is a key area of cooperation between the European Union and Japan, with projects carried out under the EU Research and Innovation Framework Programme with the support of Japanese Ministries and research funding agencies. Research is key in the fight against COVID-19, where examples of cooperation opportunities can be found in the fields of epidemiology, preparedness, response to outbreaks, the development of diagnostics and treatments as well as vaccines. In this webinar, European and Japanese experts from both the public and private sector will review the current state of EU Japan cooperation as well as cooperation opportunities including on the acceleration of research and innovation on the prevention and cure of COVID-19.
The webinar will be in Japanese and English (simultaneous interpretation will be provided). Please be aware that the time and date of the webinar might change due to speakers’ availability. After your registration, you will be informed if there is any change.