Webinar N4. COVID-19 & International Trade
Date and time
- Prof. Axel Berkofsky, University of Pavia (Italy) - Moderator
- Stephanie Leupold, Head of Unit, Trade Strategy, DG TRADE, European Commission
- Hosuk Lee-Makiyama, Director, European Centre for International Political Economy (ECIPE)
- Akihiro Ookochi, Minister, Mission of Japan to the European Union, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Japan
- Nobuko Kobayashi, Partner and Managing Director, EY-Parthenon & Board Member, German Chamber of Commerce Japan
A substantial reduction of economic activities around the world due to COVID-19 has led to a deceleration of international trade. The EU and Japan, as promoters of free, open, rules-based, and fair trade and investment, face common challenges in this new context, regarding imports, exports and foreign investment. In this webinar, European and Japanese experts from both the public and private sector will share views about the implications and impacts of COVID-19 on the global economy and international trade as well as policy implications from export restrictions to re-shoring to tariff easing and beyond.
The webinar will be in Japanese and English (simultaneous interpretation will be provided). Please be aware that the time and date of the webinar might change due to speakers’ availability. After your registration, you will be informed if there is any change.