Webinar N9. COVID-19 & Connectivity
Date and time
Thursday 22nd October 2020
22nd Oct 2020 4:30pm JST | 9.30am CET
- Dr. Patricia Flor, Ambassador of the EU to Japan
- Mr. Yasushi Masaki, Ambassador of Japan to the EU
- Ms. Marie Söderberg, Director of the European Institute of Japanese Studies at Stockholm School of Economics
- Ms. Romana Vlahutin, Ambassador at Large for Connectivity, European External Action Service
- Mr. Shogo Yoshitake, Director European Policy Division, European Affairs Bureau, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Ms. Flavia Palanza, Director, European Investment Bank (EIB)
- Mr. Masayuki Tanimoto, Managing Executive Officer, Global Head of Infrastructure and Environment Finance Group, Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC)
The European Union and Japan share the view that connectivity should be environmentally, economically, fiscally and socially sustainable. In this webinar, European and Japanese experts from both the public and private sector will analyse the real and potential impact of COVID-19 on the EU-Japan Connectivity Partnership, signed between the EU and Japan in September 2019. The EU and Japan recognise the importance of mobilizing levers and tools to spur private investment and intend to cooperate to facilitate financing of sustainable connectivity, including through possible joint projects, with the engagement of private sector from the Western Balkans to Africa and to the Indo Pacific.
In this context, the speakers will discuss EU-Japan cooperation in third countries in specific sectors like transport and energy and the effects and challenges thrown into the mix by COVID-19 on investment, value chains and security.
The webinar will be in Japanese and English (simultaneous interpretation will be provided). Please be aware that the time and date of the webinar might change due to speakers’ availability. After your registration, you will be informed if there is any change.