Webinar N8. COVID-19 & Energy
Date and time
- Mika Ohbayashi, Director, Renewable Energy Institute Japan (moderator)
- Cristina Lobillo Borrero, Director, Energy Strategy & Coordination, DG Energy, European Commission
- Takuya Yamazaki, Special Advisor, Ministry for Economy, Trade and Industry Japan
- Mr. Sebastian Hald Buhl, Head of Government and Regulatory Affairs, New Markets Asia Pacific, Ørsted
- Dr. Hiroshi Okamoto, Executive Vice-President, TEPCO Power Grid, Inc.
The EU and Japan are committed to cooperate in the area of energy, including energy security, global energy trade and investment, energy efficiency and energy-related technologies. Energy is a key and strategic sector in the EU’s COVID-19 recovery strategy. In this webinar, European and Japanese experts from both the public and private sector will address both the impact of COVID-19 including on energy demand, investment capacity of energy companies and the risks of energy poverty. They will also share their views about the role of energy in the aftermath of the COVID-19 pandemic and the important contribution it can make to a Green Recovery, including energy security through renewable energy, smart infrastructure and energy efficient buildings.
The webinar will be in Japanese and English (simultaneous interpretation will be provided). Please be aware that the time and date of the webinar might change due to speakers’ availability. After your registration, you will be informed if there is any change.