Webinar N1. COVID-19 & Green Recovery
Date and time
- Prof. Takamura Yukari , University of Tokyo (Moderator)
- Marc Vanheukelen, EU Climate Change Ambassador, European External Action Service
- Morishita Satoru, Vice-Minister for Global Environmental Affairs, Ministry of Environment, Japan
- Hein Brekelmans, Head of Sustainable Finance Desk, ABN AMRO Bank
- Rintaro Tamaki President, Japan Centre for International Finance. Former Deputy Secretary-General, Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)
Now is the time to move forward together to repair damage from the crisis and prepare a better future for the next generation. The recovery is both a challenge and an opportunity to invest in a more sustainable and greener future across the global economy. In this webinar, with video-messages by Koizumi Shinjiro, Minister of the Environment, Japan and Virginijus Sinkevičius, EU Commissioner for Environment, Oceans & Fisheries, European and Japanese senior officials will share views about COVID-19 recovery as an opportunity to build inclusive and resilient societies and climate neutral economies, in line with the full implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the Paris Agreement for Climate Change.
The webinar will be in Japanese and English (simultaneous interpretation will be provided). Please be aware that the time and date of the webinar might change due to speakers’ availability. After your registration, you will be informed if there is any change.